Chapter 36. Test Case Parameters Description
Artur Hefczyc <email@example.com>
v2.0, June 2014: Reformatted for AsciiDoc.
:Date: 2010-04-06 21:22
There is long list of parameters which can be applied to any test case. Here is the description of all possible parameters which can be used to build test scenarios.
Test Report Configuration
There are test report parameters which must be set in the main script file in order to generate HTML report from the test. These parameters have no effect is they are set inside the test case description.
- -version = 2.0.0 sets the test script version. This is used to easily detect incompatibility issues when the test suite loads a script created for more recent version of the suite and may not work properly for this version.
- -output-format = (html | html-content) sets the output format for the test report. There is actually only one format possible right now - HTML. The only difference between these 2 options is that the html format creates full HTML page with HTML header and body. The html-content format on the other hand creates only what is inside
<body/> element. And is used to embed test result inside other HTML content.
- -output-file = "report-file.html" sets the file name for the test report.
- -output-history = (yes | no) sets logging of the all protocol data sent between test suite and the XMPP server. Normally for functional tests it is recommended to set it to yes but for all other tests like performance or load tests it should be set to no.
- -history-format = separate-file sets protocol data logging to a separate file. Currently this is the only possible option.
-output-cols = (5 | 7) Only valid values are:
5: "Test name", "Result", "Test time", "Description" [, "History" ]
7: "Test name", "Result", "Total time", "OK", "Average", "Description" [, "History" ]
- -title = "The title of the report page" This parameter sets the test report title which is placed in the HTML page in the
<title/> element as well as in the first page header.